- Why Migrate Google Drive to OneDrive?
- Move files from Google Drive to OneDrive without downloading?
- >>How to sync Google Drive with One Drive automatically?
- Other basic ways to move files from Google Drive to OneDrive
Why move files from Google Drive to OneDrive?
Nowadays more and more users are trying to save their data on cloud storage drives. Many cloud storage drives offer some free storage space and because of this, many users sign up for multiple accounts or use more than one cloud drive to get more free storage space.
There are many users who use Google Drive and OneDrive. When you sign up for a Google Drive or OneDrive account, you get 15GB or 5GB of free storage space. By using these two cloud drives, you can transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive.cloud data backupor to separate work data from personal data, including documents, spreadsheets, photos, videos, etc. Now the question arises how to migrate Google Drive to OneDrive.
Fortunately, here we share a superior method to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive without downloading files from Google Drive to local drive and uploading them back to OneDrive.
Move files from Google Drive to OneDrive without downloading them
To avoid downloading and reloading, you can use theBOOKin lineCloud file transferAdministrator tool, MultCloud. Its “cloud transfer” allows users to transfer everything they need directly from Google Drive to OneDrive instead of downloading from Google Drive to local drive and then uploading from local drive to OneDrive again.
As a versatile multi-cloud manager, it supports many popular cloud services including Google Drive, G Suite, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Dropbox, Dropbox Business, Box, SharePoint, Amazon S3, SugarSync, hubiC, Evernote, CloudMe, Cubby , MyDrive , WEB.DE, Yandex, HiDrive, MySQL, Flickr, MediaFire, ownCloud, ADrive, Baidu, MEGA, WebDAV, pCloud, Egnyte and FTP/SFTP. So you can easily transfer files between these cloud drives.
- Migrate cloud data like photos, music and documents from one drive to another without downloading them.
- Back up valuable music, photos and videos from one drive to another for flexible file protection.
- Sync data from one cloud drive to another in 10+ sync modes, including scheduling and real-time sync.
start freeView premium features
To move Google Drive to OneDrive, you can follow the steps below:
Step 1.To createan account to obtain the right to use MultCloud.
Step 2. Add your Google Drive and OneDrive to MultCloud by clicking on"add cloud". Select them and follow the instructions to add them to the MultCloud account one by one.
Step 3. To copy Google Drive to OneDrive, you need to go here"Cloud Transfer"On the Source and Destination Cloud tab, specify Google Drive and OneDrive respectively. Then click on"Transfer Now"button and wait for the process to complete.
Finally, all your files will be transferred successfully.
- could you activate"Delete all source files after transfer is complete."low"options", MultCloud will automatically delete all your files stored in Google Drive once the transfer is complete.
- If you don't want to transfer all Google Drive to OneDrive, you can select the folders you want to transfer from Google Drive as the source.
- The Cloud Transfer feature is best suited for transferring entire folders or drives to the cloud. If you want to transfer multiple files separately, use the"copy to"Y"To take"Characteristics.
- Using MultiCloud is free. But if you want to experience the super fast transfer speed, you canTo updateYour account for a premium account and MultCloud use 10 threads to move your files.
How to automatically sync Google Drive with One Drive?
In addition to transferring Google Drive to OneDrive via "Cloud Transfer", you can also doSync Google Drive with OneDrivedirect. If so, you can efficiently sync all files or files on a specific drive from Google Drive to OneDrive. In addition, the combination of "RealTime Sync" and "Two Way Sync" can make the synchronized content always the same, since files added, modified and deleted in the source directory or destination directory are replicated to both sides. in real time
Other basic ways to move files from Google Drive to OneDrive
The methods provided by MulCloud should be the most efficient. If you don't want to complete the Google Drive to OneDrive transfer with the help of a third-party tool, you can be satisfied with the following traditional methods. See now.
Method 1. Download and upload
The traditional way is to download files from Google Drive to your local hard drive and upload them to OneDrive.
When using this method, you must keep the following points in mind:
- Transmission speed:The transfer speed of the whole process depends on your network connection and the file size will also affect the transfer speed.
- The process cannot be interrupted:uploading and downloading is done on a computer or mobile device, there is no possibility of automatic transmission, only manual operations;
- Easy to abuse:When moving, mistakes are inevitably made, which only slows down the whole process.
Method 2. Share specific files in OneDrive account
Cloud Drive's "Share" feature allows you to share files from Google Drive to OneDrive. Whether you share target files individually or all at once via a folder, you need to go to the Shared with me folder and copy the target file to another folder. Then rename the target files one by one to own them permanently.
Although this method is faster than the first one, it also has some disadvantages:
- Sharing operations can only be performed one at a time, not all files can be selected for sharing. Unless you put the files you want to transfer in a folder;
- To have control over files, you need to copy files shared by others to another folder to have read and write permissions.
Method 3. Archive All Google Drive to OneDrive
If your account is a Google Drive education account, you can archive any file in your Google Drive directly to OneDrive.
Step 1. Log in and enter your Google Drive accounthttps://takeout.google.com/u/3/settings/takeout.
Step 2. In"Download your data"screen belowChoose your data to include, make sure"Lead"activated. then click"NEXT".
Step 3. Down"Shipping method", to choose"Add to OneDrive".
Step 4. Click on"Link account and create export"to connect your OneDrive account and export all Google Drive data to OneDrive.
- Once the files are uploaded to OneDrive, Google Drive is no longer responsible for the files and the exported content is subject to the provider's terms.
- Google Takeout does not transfer files or folders shared with you. To copy shared documents, manually select and download them from the Shared with me folder in Google Drive. Then upload them to OneDrive.
- The migration process can take several days, depending on the size of the export. By default, accounts with more data (more than 10 GB) are split into multiple files.
- Google Takeout exports one or more files instead of individual files and folders. To use your documents in OneDrive, you must first unzip and reorganize them.
Method 4. Move Files from Google Drive to OneDrive with Desktop Apps
If you mainly store other types of documents (eg interesting pictures, great music, important video files and PDFs, etc.), you can try this option.
To migrate Google Drive to OneDrive with Apps:
Stage 1. InstallGoogle DriveYa walkDesktop apps. (If you're a Windows 10 user, the OneDrive app is built into your computer.)
Step 2. Sign in to your Google Drive or OneDrive account.
Step 3. Drag and drop files and folders from Google Drive to OneDrive (or use the copy and paste method).
Like all other manual methods, this method is not perfect for the following reasons:
- File type restriction:Because the Google Drive app doesn't store these files on your hard drive. When these files are migrated to OneDrive, they only appear in OneDrive as links.
- File upload limit:The cloud drive desktop app is not optimized to handle a large number of files. If you have an account with more than 10 GB and/or more than 10,000 files, the process may not complete.
- This takes a long time:Drive synchronization can take a while (it could take a week or more) as the app's file transfer process involves downloading documents from one account and uploading them to another using your hard drive and broadband connection.
- You need a stable network:You must have stable internet access and keep your computer on at all times during the copying process. This operation may slow down the machine's operating speed and increase energy consumption.
By following any of the above solutions, you can move files from Google Drive to OneDrive. However, if your amount of data is a bit big and your internet connection is not good, MultCloud can be a good choice.
Also, MultCloud can do a lot to manage your cloud drives besides "Cloud Transfer" and "Cloud Sync". For example, if you are a business cloud admin, you can also transfer multiple accounts from one cloud platform to another, for example B. Files from Google Drive to OneDrive for Business via "team transfer".
From your desktop, open the . zip file that you downloaded earlier from Google Drive, select all of the files, and drag them to your OneDrive folder. The files will start uploading and syncing to OneDrive for Business, as indicated by green check marks.How do I move files to OneDrive without syncing? ›
- Click and open OneDrive.
- Drag the targeted folder into the OneDrive window.
- Start backing up. Then your data is protected by and saved into OneDrive. Make sure you have turned off sync if you don't want your folder to be synced to the cloud.
In File Explorer, go to the files you want to copy. Select the files, and then drag and drop them into your OneDrive folder. Blue circular arrows beside your files mean that they're syncing to the cloud. When they're done syncing, green check marks are displayed.How do I move files from one Google Drive to another without sharing? ›
- Step 1: Initially, log in to your primary Google Drive account and create a folder. ...
- Step 2: Once the files are transferred into the folder, right-click on it, and select the 'download' button, and your folder will start to download.
Here's what you do:
- Select the file you wish to download.
- Tap the vertical ellipsis (three-vertical dots) icon in the upper-right section.
- Select Download.
No, changing a file to online-only doesn't delete it from your OneDrive. The file no longer takes up space on your device, and you will still be able to see the file from OneDrive mobile apps or on the website.What is the difference between sync and backup OneDrive? ›
While sync is a two-direction process, which helps you keep the same files in two or more locations. In terms of purpose, backup is done to keep a copy of the file at another location, which prevents the loss when files are deleted or corrupted at the source location.Should I copy or move files to OneDrive? ›
Best Practice: Move to OneDrive
The best practice is to MOVE rather than COPY local files to OneDrive. But even if you mention that as a best practice, moving itself is a cumbersome task. Even though everyone understands the difference between Copy Paste vs. Cut Paste, people feel more safe to do a Copy Paste first.