Getting a new Android phone is a great experience, but some may have doubts about how to handle the content on the old device.
JasminwaldUpdated on April 15, 2022 at 4:24 p.m
Got a new Android and want to know what to do with your old data? Here are some ways you can transfer data from one Android device to another:
- The all-in-one Phone Transfer solution is compatible with almost all Android devices and also allows users to transfer all existing data from one Android device to another in just one click.
- Google account gives you an opportunity to create an old Android backup and restore content to a new Android phone.
- Huawei Phone Clone and Samsung Smart Switch apps also provide shortcut to move current content from Android phone to Huawei/Samsung device.
Access your old data by transferring all content to your new Android phone.
Everyone loves to upgrade to a new phone, but nobody wants to lose data on their old phone. You can have important files, nice memories, useful contacts, precious photos and many other things that you cannot lose. So you need to find a way to transfer the data from your old phone to your new one.
Transferring data from one Android to another has been a complicated process for years. Previously, data files were transferred one at a time, and some data such as logs, notes, and calendars were not even transferrable. However, now you can transfer data from Android to Android without any hassles or data loss. But for this you need to know the right method. Without further ado, let's start the discussion.
Transfer all data from Android to Android in one click
If you want to stay away from all the hassles and complications of Android to Android data transfer,phone transferwill be your perfect choice, a great application designed to transfer your data quickly. One click will transfer the selected data on your old Android to the target device easily and quickly.
Phone Transfer is a complete and complete data transfer app. No matter you want to transfer between Android, iPhone or Android and iPhone, it does the job more than perfectly. On the other hand, it transfers almost everything from your phone including audio, videos, images, contacts, text messages, call logs, contacts, apps and many other items.
More importantly, many of the apps available in the market can only transfer data for a select few brands. However, Phone Transfer covers a wide range of devices and brands.
for Windows|for macOS
Step 1 Download and launch Phone Transfer on your computer.
Open the app, you will see four options at the top of the interface.
Multiple options to transfer data from one phone to another.
Step 2 Choose "Phone Transfer" > "Phone to Phone".
Available to transfer data across platforms like phone to phone, phone to computer, iCloud to phone.
Step 3 – Select the data you want and transfer them to the new Android.
- You are ready to connect your Android phones to the computer. First connect the source phone to your computer with a USB cable, and then connect the target phone. You can also click "Flip" at the top to change them.
- Phone Transfer will ask you to select the device manufacturer. For Android phones, you may be asked to do thisEnable USB debugging, just follow the on-screen steps.
- Make sure the source and destination devices are properly labeled. Select the data you want to transfer. Click on the "Start" button. Now wait a few minutes and let all your data transfer.
Move selected data from source phone to destination phone: Android to Android.
Please note that do not disconnect your Android devices before the data transfer is complete. As you can see,phone transferTransfer all your data with the click of a single button. And the best thing is that it is compatible with almost all Android/iOS version devices. After selecting the dates everything will be done automatically and all you have to do is wait for the process to complete.
It is also suitable for beginners as it is simple and fast. Anyone can easily transfer data from one phone to another. Other ways to transfer data between Android phones takes a lot of time and is not easy. Also, they are not compatible with all Android devices and versions. So if you are looking for an app that works in all cases and scenarios, Phone Transfer is ideal.
Transfer data between Android phones with a Google account
If you want to switch to a new Android phone, you can easily transfer data from old Android phone to new one using your Google account. Make a backup of the source Android and restore it to the new phone. All it requires is a network connection on both Android devices.
Before you start, connect both Android devices to the charger. It is necessary to avoid interruptions during the process. Now follow the steps:
1. Sign in with your Google account.
Sign in to your Google account on your old Android phone. If you are already signed in, you can skip this step. If you don't already have an account, create a new one and log in.
2. Create an old Android backup.
Now it's time to back up your data. Even if your device automatically creates a backup, it is best to create the most recent backup to ensure that no data is lost. To create a recent backup, go toIdeas. tap onGoogleand then touchto go back. so touchcopy now. Backing up your data will take some time. Please wait patiently.
Create a backup of your old Android phone.
3. Get ready for data transfer on your new Android phone.
Get your new Android phone. When you start the device for the first time, configure it first. You have the option to start. Tap on it and connect your Android to the network.
4. Restore Google account data to new Android phone.
Then you have itCopy apps and dataScreen. play this. Make your selection on the next pageA cloud backup. Sign in to the same Google account that you backed up your data to. After logging into your account, you will see the backup created in Google account/cloud. Tap on the most recent data which should be the backup you made in Step 2.
5. You will have the option to choose what you want to restore. You can select apps, messages, contacts and everything in between. Choose what you want and taprestore something. Expect it to get the job done.
After that, your data will be successfully transferred from the old Android to the new Android device. You can perform the data transfer using a Google account, but note that it will take a long time. If your data is very large, you may need Google Drive Premium service as the free cloud storage you can use is only 15GB.
The process takes a long time and involves many steps. What's even worse is that the process will stop if there are any problems in between like WiFi network loss, power outage or low battery.
Move data between Android phones
Transfer data from Android to Huawei
Phone Clone is the official Huawei app that allows you to transfer data from any Android device to your Huawei phone. It has made data transfer easier than ever. The notable feature of the app is its speed. It's super fast and can transfer data at up to 8GB per minute. Pair your Android phones with QR code, you can transfer almost anything from contacts to messages.
Use:Only works on Android 7.0 or higher.
- Install Phone Clone app on both devices. You can download it from Huawei App Gallery. After installation, open the app. You will see options to choose the source and destination device. On your new phone, tapThis is the new device., and tap on your old AndroidThis is the old device..
- Take your old phone and scan the QR code on the screen of your new phone.
- Select the data you want to transfer. tap ontransfer. The process starts immediately and takes some time depending on how many files you are transferring. Once this is done, your data will be successfully transferred and you can start using your new device.
Migrate Android phone data to Huawei device with Phone Clone.
Transfer data from Android to Samsung
Samsung also launched its data transfer app called Smart Switch, which can transfer data from any Android phone to Samsung phones. Transfer is quick and easy, and you can download the app for free from the Google Play Store.
Before transferring, you can easily select the items you want to transfer. It makes the process easier and faster. You can connect the two devices with a micro USB to micro USB cable and transfer with a wired connection.
- Install the Smart Switch app on the target phone.
- Connect both devices with the cable. You can use a micro USB to micro USB cable. If you have a USB OTG adapter, you can also use a USB to Micro USB cable.
- After connecting both devices, open the app. You will see all the content available for download. Select the dates you want.
- Start the transfer. The transmission of the desired data takes some time. Wait till I'm done
Copy selected data from your old Android to your Samsung device.
the bottom line
We have discussed different methods to transfer data from Android to Android. All of these methods are useful. You can use Google account method on Android devices but it takes a lot of time. If you have a Huawei phone, you can try Phone Clone. Samsung users can opt for Smart Switch. All of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. If you are looking for a quick, easy and reliable method,phone transferIt becomes easier to transfer your data with just one click and it works on almost all Android phones.
you might like it too
What is the best way to transfer data from Android to Android? The default transfer app is the best way to transfer data from Android to Android. It's the easiest, and it transfers most of your data. If you're moving to a Samsung device, the Smart switch app is the best way to go.What is the fastest way to transfer data from Android to Android? ›
What is the best way to transfer data from Android to Android? The default transfer app is the best way to transfer data from Android to Android. It's the easiest, and it transfers most of your data. If you're moving to a Samsung device, the Smart switch app is the best way to go.How do I transfer everything to my new phone? ›
- Open Settings from the Quick Settings or your apps.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Go to the System menu. ...
- Tap Backup.
- Make sure the toggle for Back up to Google Drive is set to On.
- Hit Back up now to sync the latest data on the phone with Google Drive.
Most cables will require you to use a USB-OTG adapter. If you have a Lightning to USB-C cable or a USB-C to USB-C cable, you won't need an adapter; it will plug right into your new Galaxy. Launch Smart Switch on both phones. Tap Send data on the old phone, tap Receive data on the new phone.Is it difficult to transfer data from Android to Android? ›
Transferring data from one Android device to another can be a time-consuming process if done manually. However, there are various ways to transfer data quickly and easily, including using Google's built-in backup and restore feature, third-party transfer apps, and cloud storage services.How do I transfer files between two Android devices? ›
- Open the content, like a photo or webpage.
- Tap Share. Nearby . You may need to tap Turn on.
- Hold your phone and your friend's device close to each other.
- Under "Looking for nearby devices," tap the device you want to share with.
- After the content has been sent, tap Done.
If you have a SIM card/memory card, remove it from your old phone and insert it into the new one. You can also do this later. If you intend to do this later, tap on Skip. You will now see a screen that will ask you to connect to a WiFi network.How do I transfer photos from Android to Android? ›
- Go to your phone's Gallery.
- Click on your photos to view them properly.
- Select the photos you wish to transfer.
- On the top of your phone, you will see three-dot; click on it.
- Click on Share and tap on Bluetooth.
- And select the other phone's Bluetooth name.
Is Smart Switch faster with cable or wireless? The USB cable transfer via Smart Switch for Android is faster as compared to wireless transfer.What does Samsung Smart Switch not transfer? ›
Items that cannot be backed up with Smart Switch
Email: Social Hub and Premium accounts (Push email) are excluded. Live wallpapers and themes: Live wallpapers and themes are excluded. You can reinstall these from the Galaxy Store.
- On the source device (the phone you want to transfer text from), download SMS Backup and Restore from the Play Store. ...
- Tap Allow to grant the necessary permissions.
- Tap the Menu icon (the three lines).
- Tap Transfer, then tap Send From This Phone.
- Method 1: Transfer Data from Samsung to Samsung via Email.
- Method 2: Turn on NFC to Transfer All Data from Samsung to Samsung without a PC.
- Method 3: Transfer Everything from Samsung to Samsung via Bluetooth.
- Method 4: Switch All Data via USB Cable.
Smart Switch will transfer your data and device settings
Smart Switch is the simplest way to transfer all your data to your new Galaxy smartphone. Keep your contacts, photos, music, and more. And it's compatible with most major operating systems.
You don't need a SIM card in both phones to use a smart switch. Smart switch works on Wi-Fi and not on SIM card, so you can easily transfer data between your phones without having a SIM card in either one.Why won't my Android phone transfer data? ›
Often when you're having trouble with Android File Transfer, the phone is not in the proper mode to transfer files. Other causes include bad cables or USB ports. Sometimes, third-party software can interfere with the proper operation of the Android File Transfer app.How long does Android data transfer take? ›
Your new phone will now be restored with all the same data and settings as your old one. In the meantime, you can continue setting up your new device. It can take up to 24 hours for your new phone to reinstall all of your apps, depending on how many you have, but this won't interrupt the rest of the setup process.How to transfer data from Android to Android that won t turn on? ›
- Step 1Attach your new Android phone with a USB cable to the computer. ...
- Step 2Open your Android phone's drive on your computer. ...
- Step 3Copy the files you want to recover, then paste them to your new phone.
Yes, you can link an Android phone with another Android phone. There are mainly two ways to connect two Android phones. Bluetooth is the most basic way to connect two phones wirelessly. But here is a better way which is to use a third-party Android app to remotely control another phone.How to transfer files between Android devices with USB? ›
On your phone, tap the "Charging this device via USB" notification. Under "Use USB for," select File Transfer. An Android File Transfer window will open on your computer. Use it to drag files.How do I transfer files between two devices? ›
- Cloud storage or web data transfers. ...
- SSD and HDD drives via SATA cables. ...
- Basic cable transfer. ...
- Use software to speed up your data transfer. ...
- Transfer your data over WiFi or LAN. ...
- Using an external storage device or flash drives.
Regardless of the device you're switching from, don't switch your SIM card until the entire transfer is complete. Before you get started, you'll also want to make sure both your old device and your new device have at least 20% battery life.What happens if I just put my SIM card in a new phone? ›
In summary, when you put your SIM card in another phone, the only data that will be transferred is your own phone number and possibly a few text messages and contacts saved on the SIM card. The rest of your data, including photos, videos, and other files, will remain on your old phone.Should I activate my new Android phone before transferring data? ›
No. You can setup the the phone on wifi without the SIM installed so the phone won't be activated until you install the SIM card.What should I do before switching phones? ›
- Charge your phones. ...
- Connect to Wi-Fi. ...
- Resist the urge to set up your phone before you have completed steps one and two. ...
- Have any important logins and passwords ready. ...
- Use a SIM card. ...
- Trade-in, but wait.
- Turn your phone on and unlock it. Your PC can't find the device if the device is locked.
- On your PC, select the Start button and then select Photos to open the Photos app.
- Select Import > From a connected device, then follow the instructions.
- Open the Photos app on your Android device.
- Select the photos you want to transfer (to select multiple, touch and hold one photo, then tap other photos).
- Tap the Share icon at the bottom of your screen, then tap "Nearby Share".
You can activate the new phone before using Smart Switch. In fact, you can use Smart Switch months later if you wish (not that you'd want to). I assume you are activating a new phone which will deactivate the old one in the process.What happens if Smart Switch didn't transfer everything? ›
If an error occurred while you were transferring content through Smart Switch, there is a simple way to solve the problem: clearing the app's cache and residual files. Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider, software version, and phone model.Do passwords transfer to new Samsung phone? ›
You can use Samsung Pass seamlessly on up to 5 mobile devices. Using the same Samsung account on your new or additional devices will sync your saved website list and ID/passwords. However, you need to register your fingerprints on each device.Will my text messages transfer to my new Samsung phone? ›
On the new Galaxy phone, open Settings, search for Smart Switch, and then tap Bring data from old device. Tap Bring data from old device again. Note: Alternatively, you can navigate to the Samsung folder on the Apps screen, and open Smart Switch from there. On the old phone, tap Send data, and then tap Cable.
Smart Switch can transfer all your data, including your device settings, so that you can pick up your new device and carry on right where you left off. You can even create a backup for your old phone's files on your PC or Mac, then transfer or sync your data onto your new Galaxy phone.Does Samsung Smart Switch transfer everything? ›
Samsung Smart Switch can help you transfer files, applications, images, contacts, messages, calendars, videos, and even call logs to the new phone.Do you lose texts when switching phones? ›
If you buy a new phone, Google makes it easy to transfer most of your data, letting you pick up where you left off. However, text messages won't automatically be transferred to your new phone. So any important texts you have from family, friends, doctor offices, or other sources will be lost.What is the best app to transfer messages from Android to Android? ›
1. MobileTrans App. MobileTrans App is one of the best apps to transfer data from Android to Android without a PC. You can try to use MobileTrans App to transfer up to 8 types of phone data between devices, including contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, documents, apps, and more data.Can you save text messages? ›
Before you switch phones, you can allow Google to backup your texts so you can restore your messages to a new phone. info Settings and features vary by device and Android version.Will Smart Switch transfer photos? ›
The Samsung Smart Switch™ Mobile app allows users to easily transfer content (contacts, photos, music, notes, etc.) to a new Samsung Galaxy device.Can Smart Switch transfer from Samsung to Android? ›
For Android devices, Smart Switch should be installed on both devices. For iOS devices, the app only needs to be installed on the new Galaxy device. Note: You may only transfer content from a non-Galaxy phone to a Galaxy phone with Smart Switch; it does not work the other way around.Can you use Smart Switch without a Samsung account? ›
Smart Switch can be used without a Samsung account.What app do I need to transfer from Samsung to Samsung? ›
Make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the Smart Switch app installed on both devices. The app is pre-installed on the new Galaxy device but also downloadable from the Galaxy Store or the Google Play Store. Smart Switch will run when devices are at least 20% charged to ensure safe data transfer.Do you put SIM in before setting up Samsung? ›
To use your new smartphone, simply insert your SIM card, then turn the phone on by pressing and holding the power button on the right side of the phone until you feel it vibrate and the Samsung logo appears. The phone will then prompt you through the initial set-up.
A lot of first-time users have been asking this question “Does Smart Switch delete data from the old phone during transfer?” The answer is No. Smart Switch just transfers phone files and does not do anything with the old phone.Do I need to put my old SIM card in my new Samsung phone? ›
If the phone you're switching to is from the same carrier or it's unlocked, you shouldn't need a new SIM. But if you're switching from one carrier to another, you'll need a SIM card for your new carrier.What is the best way to transfer large files from Android to Android? ›
How to Share Large Files on Android via Google Drive. If you have an Android phone and want to share a large file, you can use Google Drive. Google Drive lets you share large files with multiple people over time. All Android users get 15GB of free space.What is the fastest file transfer app for Android? ›
App 1: AirDroid
Besides transferring data over Wi-fi via USB cable, you can also mirror Android screens on a PC. Download the AirDroid app on your phone. Connect your PC to your app through available devices. Select data to transfer and use this fast way to transfer files from Android to PC.
Is Smart Switch faster with cable or wireless? The USB cable transfer via Smart Switch for Android is faster as compared to wireless transfer.Which app is best to transfer all data from Android to Android? ›
- MobileTrans App. MobileTrans App is one of the best apps to transfer data from Android to Android without a PC. ...
- Samsung Smart Switch. ...
- Xender. ...
- Send Anywhere. ...
- AirDroid. ...
- SHAREit. ...
- Zapya. ...
- Bluetooth File Transfer.
Install AirDroid Personal on both your Android device and log in with the same AirDroid account. From your old Android device, tap the Transfer icon in the left tab and select your new Android device from the available devices. Once the phones are wirelessly connected, you can easily transfer any files you want.What is the limit of file transfer in Android? ›
When transferring files to laptop from Android phone, 4GB is limit.What is the easiest large file transfer? ›
With Dropbox, you can send large file types to anyone on any device. When sharing with another Dropbox user, create a shared link. With Dropbox Transfer, you can send files up to 100 GB (or 250 GB with the Creative Tools Add-On) without taking up space in your Dropbox.How to transfer apps from Android to Android via USB? ›
- Plug in your old phone's USB cable.
- Connect that cable to a Samsung USB connector.
- Plug the Samsung USB connector into your new Samsung phone.
- Launch Smart Switch on your old phone.
- Follow screen prompts to transfer apps.
Direct Memory Access (DMA)
This method makes DMA the fastest available data transfer method.